Zilker Lodge @ Austin Sunshine Camps
2225 Andrew Zilker Road
Austin Texas 78746
Tuloy po kayo
Welcome to The Barrio @SXSW – a vibrant community where Filipino-Americans and their “Kaibigans” (friends) come together to celebrate their creativity and passion.
Our space at the Zilker Lodge in Austin, TX is dedicated to showcasing the best in film, music, non-profit, and entrepreneurship. Whether you’re an aspiring artist or a seasoned professional, The Barrio is the perfect place to connect with like-minded individuals.
Bring the “Pamilya” in this all ages event and enrich yourself in our Filipino Culture at this Inaugural event
*Proceeds for this event will help support Kabataan Culture Filipino Cultural Programming a 501(C) Nonprofit organization and Teofilo Coffee Company’s efforts in helping Coffee Farmers in the Philippines.
Get ready to learn from a diverse set of experts in the FilAm community, hailing from industries like film, music, tech, nonprofit, and small business. These top-notch panelists will provide you with invaluable insights and expertise, giving you a deeper understanding of how amplifying their culture has contributed to their success. Don’t miss this unique opportunity!
Barrio Palengke Market
Indulge in a truly immersive experience of discovering, admiring, and purchasing a diverse range of unique handmade items, art, crafts, and delectable food items, all under one roof. This event is more than just a showcase of exceptional products, it is an opportunity to support and connect with FilAm businesses and their owners. Come, savor the flavors, explore the creativity, and be amazed by the variety of offerings available.
Experience electrifying performances by musical acts from musicians with ties in the FilAm Community. You can’t miss out on the Filipino party in The Barrio, complete with kuyas and ates, entertaining you all day long.
Tucked away in the heart of Zilker Park At Austin Sunshine Camps, just south of Lady Bird Lake, Zilker Lodge is comprised of over 21,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space.
It is beautifully nestled among the leafy native Texan trees with direct access to Barton Springs Pool and, of course, Zilker Park! Adding to the experience is its proximity to hike and bike trails, rolling open park areas and stunning views of downtown Austin.
MEET THE COLLABORATORS
So Jannelle TV
SO Jannelle TV is a magazine talk show highlighting stories of immigration and representation, aiming to entertain and inspire the Filipino American and Global Filipino audience, hosted by Jannelle So, one of the 100 Most Influential Filipinas in the U.S. (Filipina Women’s Network).
The show features stories of Filipino immigrants; personality profiles, community events and trends that highlight a variety of aspects of the Filipino lifestyle in North America.
A non-profit organization that is dedicated to advancing and preserving Filipino culture through a wide range of enriching programs across the United States. We work hand in hand with local communities to provide language classes, workshops, and large-scale events that showcase the richness and diversity of Filipino culture.
Our efforts are fueled by generous donations that uplift children and families in the Philippines through community feedings and educational donations.
Teofilo Coffee Company
Family-owned business that offers freshly roasted specialty coffee from the Philippines that is roasted in-house using a clean, hot-air roaster in Los Alamitos, CA. Our focus is on delivering a clean cup of black coffee, because that’s how it should be!
Our company’s mission is to give back to the Philippines by contributing to the country’s economic growth and promoting tourism through attracting visitors to see the coffee processing sites in the Philippines.
MARAMING SALAMAT TO OUR PARTNERS & SPONSORS
official media partner
filipina excellence panel
- Activation space at The Barrio, Main Stage Recognition, Company logo on all marketing and promotional materials leading up to and at the event
- Designated social media coverage from The Barrio collaborative during event.
- VIP ACCESS for 6 at The Barrio @SXSW
- Information table at The Barrio, Corporate logo on all print and electronic marketing materials
- Designated brand mention on Instagram and Facebook
- VIP ACCESS for 4 at The Barrio @SXSW
BARRIO PALENGKE SPONSORS
- 6 ft. Table Space at Palengke Market.
- Name or logo on all marketing materials (digital)
- Designated brand mention on all collaborative partners social media
- Logo on The Barrio @SXSW Website as participants and sponsors of The Barrio Palengke
- VIP ACCESS for 2 at The Barrio @SXSW
TEXAS SMALL BUSINESS
- 6 ft. Table Space for Texas Small Business
- Special mention on The Barrio website as participants at The Barrio’s Palengke Market
- VIP ACCESS for 1 at The Barrio @SXSW
- Get your business noticed with a strategic product placement at The Barrio.
- Dedicated social media feature during The Barrio @SXSW by our collaborative from over 60k followers nationally on social and International